Life at SSU


If you are a citizen of a country under a visa exemption agreement with Republic of Korea,
you can participate in the program without applying for a visa as the duration of our program is 3 weeks. Upon arrival, students will receive a 90-day tourist visa.

Please check your nationality’s visa exemption status from Korea’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

Visa (D-2-8)

If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Republic of Korea, you need a D-2-8 visa. In order to obtain a visa,
students need to apply at the Korean consulate nearest their own home. Please consult with the Korean consulate nearest you as to what documents are required.

The following is a general list required documents for issuing a student visa.

Required Documents

  • Application Form (
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Admission (This will be issued by Soongsil University.)
  • Certificate of Business Registration (This will be issued by Soongsil University.)
  • Proof of Financial Support (A bank statement or a scholarship certificate proving that you maintain a minimum balance or have a scholarship certificate to receive a visa)
  • Color photos
  • Visa processing fee
  • Other documents required by the Korean Consulate